KETO PEANUT BUTTER MCT CUPS
USING WILD C8 MCT
If you are as excited as I am about the Wild C8 MCT Powder, then you are probably looking for new ways to use it. And If you are like me, you love peanut butter and chocolate. Well these Keto Peanut Butter MCT Cups are the best tasting MCT delivery system ever!
Why You Want to Burn Fat
If you have heard the word keto, or ketosis, but aren’t quite sure what that means or what the benefits are, check out this article, The Ketogenic Craze.
I am obsessed with becoming a fat-adapted athlete. I can talk your ear off about how I was able to cut 10 lbs from my starting pack weight on my Dall sheep hunt by packing high-fat foods. Using fat as my primary fuel left me with more energy and less soreness. If you are interested in the food I packed, check out this post.
Why You Want Wild C8 MCT Powder
Keto Peanut Butter MCT Cups can help you become a fat burning machine because of their MCT and fat content. MCTs, or medium chain triglycerides, produces 4 times more ketone bodies than other fatty acids. The fatty acids C8 converts more to ketones, faster than any other MCT. Wild C8 MCT powder it 95% C8! As a reference coconut oil is only 3% and other MCT powders are about 50%. Wild C8 MCT powder also contains L-carnitine and Q10 to help support the metabolism and utilization of fatty acids. For more about what makes Wilderness Athlete’s MCT powder special check out this article.
Why Make Keto Peanut Butter MCT Cups
Keto Peanut Butter MCT Cups also contain cocoa powder. Cocoa powder contains powerful antioxidants and a little caffeine (about 12 mg/tablespoon). Caffeine boosts fat burning and athletic performance. So basically, these little treats are superfoods that will help you become a high-performing fat-burner, yes, please!
3 oz (3/4 cup) cocoa butter
3 tablespoons peanut butter
4 scoops MCT Powder, divided
⅓ cup cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
15-30 drops stevia, to taste, divided
Pinterest worthy Instructions
- Over low heat gently melt cocoa butter in a small pan.
- While that is melting mix peanut butter, about 1.5 scoops of MCT powder, and about half the stevia together and set aside. You need to mix in enough powder to make the mixture the texture of soft clay.
- In a separate bowl mix together remaining MCT powder (about 2.5 scoops), cocoa powder, and salt.
- Once the cocoa butter is completely melted, stir in cocoa/MCT powder/salt mixture, vanilla and stevia (or your favorite non-caloric sweetener).
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture into each of the 8 large baking cup liners – no need for a muffin tin.
- Form ⅛ peanut butter mixture into a small disk and press down into the chocolate mixture. Repeat 7 more times until each chocolate cup has a peanut butter center.
- Divide the rest of the chocolate mixture evenly among the baking cups, completely covering the peanut butter centers.
- Let cool at room temperature or in the fridge.
- Store in an airtight container.
Busy person Instructions
- Over low heat gently melt cocoa butter and peanut butter, in a small pan.
- Once the mixture is melted mix all the remaining ingredients, taking extra care to mix completely.
- Evenly divide mixture into 8 paper baking cups.
- Let cool at room temperature or in the fridge
- Store in an airtight container.
Place the baking cups on a small sheet pan before filling them to make moving them around easier.
Cooking at room temperature takes a lot longer but produces a shinier treat. Cooling in the fridge may cause your chocolate to “bloom” or become a little cloudy, this does not affect the flavor.
Cocoa butter contains antioxidants and increases the melting temperature of the Peanut Butter Cups.
[divider]GET WILDERNESS ATHLETE WILD C8 MCT